Thursday, March 24, 2011

...holding on.




I will keep holding on


I believe You are strong enough


To bring me out, of every storm


And I won't lose faith In You,


You are strong enough


To do whatever it takes


Whatever it takes



And I'll, I'll keep holding on to You


And I won't let go


I'll keep holding


I'll keep holding on to You


And I won't let go



Sometimes my problems way me down


And yes my heart gets overwhelmed


But I will hold on


I will hold on




And when I can't control my tears


And when one night seems like a year


I will hold on


I will hold on




And when it seems there is no end


To all the pain and suffering


I will hold on


I'll still hold on


And I'll, I'll keep holding on to You


And I won't let go


I'll keep holding on


I'll keep holding on to You


And I won't let go


I won't let go


I can't let go


Where else would I go
This is from a song by Tye Tribbett from his new album Fresh. I often find myself impressed when an artist is able to channel where they are personally at a particular point in life in a way that translates to the lives of others.
If you follow gospel music, you're well aware of his personal issues and what some would call "moral failures". Due to his hardcore stance on many Christian issues in the past, it's pretty easy to pile on as one being "humbled" by his circumstances, but if we're all honest, we've ALL failed in some major way...if we're fortunate, we haven't had to deal with them in the public eye...but regardless of when/who/what/where/why, the key is "holding on".
If you look at the above picture, it shows a baby holding onto a parent...I'm sure that provides comfort, security, warmth, etc...all the things that we as children receive from holding onto our Father. For me, I've just reached a point where I've experienced God being so ridiculously faithful, that in whatever cirumstance, whether self-inflicted or just life happening, all I can do is hold on.
I trip over things, stumble, fall and sometimes willfully tip over, but I've just been astounded by God's faithfulness.
This is just a quick note of something that's on my mind, but I would simply encourage you all to hold on, regardless of what you face, how you feel, how bad things look, how major your mistake, how monumental your failure...learn the value of holding on...to your faith, to your trust, to your absolute dependence on the God of the universe. He'll NEVER let go of your hand...don't waste your time trying to wiggle away from His.
Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment