Monday, August 23, 2010

...the weekend's over (insert sad face)

I had a pretty cool weekend. It started with the last night of laying vocals for my friend Tifani's Church record. We had a great group of singers who are even more wonderful people...always a pleasure in that environment.

Saturday was burn-out day...slept late, hit the gym, barbershop and the mall. Dinner for Restaurant Week at MASA 14 (www.masa14.com). Meal was awesome as always...my favorite was the spicy tuna roll...service was excellent...truly one of my faves.

Ended the evening with a movie..."The Other Guys"...FUNNY, FUNNY, FUNNY. Will Farrell will always get a laugh out of me...and the cameos from The Rock and Samuel L. Jackson set it OFF!!!!! Go see it!!

Sunday is my looooooong work day...(www.zionchurchonline.com). I've had the privilege of serving as a worship leader there for several years and yesterday was truly one for the books. Pastor Battle's message was killer as always and the worship team really showed up. We ended the set with "How He Loves" by John Mark McMillan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0luHiWwi08). It's an amazing illustration of the immeasurable depth of God's love for us...the congregation went off and really seemed to engage. It's a song that can meet ANYONE wherever they find themselves in their walk. It's wild to me that whenever I'm having a bad day....like yesterday...He finds a way to do something so off the chain that I forget all about what's bothering me. Sounds like good parenting to me.

Have a great week family!

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment